What to Know
- Swipe left to tap the trash icon on iPhone. Tap and hold until the trash icon appears (Android). Or click the three dots > delete (web).
- You can remove comments you have made to your posts or comments that were left by others
- Comment edits are not possible, but you can delete comments and replace them with new ones.
This article will show you how to delete Instagram comments on your iPhone, Android, and web browser.
How to delete an Instagram comment on your phone
These rules are important to remember: You cannot delete comments you have made or comments that were left on your post. Comments left by others on posts that don’t belong to them can’t be deleted.
- Open Instagram from your phone to find the post with the comment that you wish to delete.
- To see all comments that are associated with the post, tap the comment bubble icon.
- Swipe the iPhone’s comment to the right and then tap the Trash Can icon.Android: Tap and hold the comment button until the popup bar appears at top of screen. Then, tap the Trash Can icon.
How to delete an Instagram comment in a web browser
- In a web browser, open Instagram and locate the post with the comment that you wish to delete.
- To see the post in full screen, click the link.
- Move your mouse pointer to the comment you wish to delete, and then click on the three dots to its right.
- In the pop-up window, click to delete
Can you edit a comment on Instagram?
However, there is an alternative: Simply replace the comment with another one. This may not be ideal if you have already replied to the comment or received a lot of likes. All replies and likes associated with a comment are removed when you delete it.
If you are okay with this compromise, you can follow these instructions to locate and delete the comment that you wish to edit. You can delete it and then add a comment to the post with any edits that you are making.